There are numerous reasons why you should choose a family dentist. Everyone in your home can benefit from visiting the dentist regularly to maintain optimal oral health so why not select the same dentist for the whole family! Choosing a family dentist has multiple benefits and can save you time and effort. We offer a wide range of dental services at our office in Mooresville, NC, where our experienced family dentist, Dr. Scott Langdon, can help your entire family enjoy better oral health.
Family Dentistry Services
We provide a full range of dental services at our office in Mooresville, NC. Our skilled family dentist treats patients of all ages and can meet the oral health care needs of everyone in your home, including children and adults. Examples of some of the family dentistry services we offer are:
- Oral exams
- Teeth cleanings
- Fillings for cavities
- Root canal therapy
- Braces and orthodontics
- Crowns and bridges
- Dental Implants
- Teeth whitening
We also provide treatment for dental emergencies, such as a broken or knocked-out tooth. Seeking prompt treatment when a dental emergency occurs can help preserve the affected tooth and prevent further damage. It might also help you avoid needing more expensive dental restorations later on.
Benefits of Choosing a Family Dentist
The benefits of choosing a family dentist are countless. Family dentists treat patients of every age and provide a wide variety of services so there is no need to go elsewhere. Your entire family’s dental needs can be met in one convenient place.
Additionally, you’ll save time on travel when everyone in your home sees the same dentist. You can schedule appointments for multiple family members all on the same day, meaning you won’t need to drive to different dental offices. This can reduce time away from work or school.
Another advantage of choosing a family dentist is that children can stay with the same dentist as they get older. Kids who see a pediatric dentist will need to select a new dentist once they become adults.
There are so many reasons why you should choose a family dentist. The convenience of having one dentist saves you time, reduces travel, and offers many more benefits. Dr. Langdon can help your entire family achieve and maintain better oral health. To schedule appointments for everyone in your home with our friendly family dentist, call our office in Mooresville, NC, at (704) 664-1188.
Preventive dental care keeps your smile vibrant and long-lasting. So, your family dentist in Mooresville, NC, Dr. R. Scott Langdon, wants you to make it a priority--both at home and in his office every six months. Together, you can make your oral health the best it can be.
There's a problem in your mouth
It's called bacteria--Streptococcus bacteria to be exact. It causes dental decay and gum disease, the foremost enemies of your teeth and gums, says the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). If you wish to keep your teeth, have pink and intact gums and strong systemic health, you must take care of your oral health.
Additionally, poor dental bite and alignment reduce smile health, appearance and longevity. And sadly, oral cancer is rampant throughout the United States. Do you know its signs? Dr. Langdon and his professional staff do. They'll check for them, and they'll teach you what to look for at home.
In short, preventive dental care benefits you and your loved ones for a lifetime. It avoids tooth loss, gum disease, and a whole host of issues that can impact your overall well-being, self-confidence and personal appearance.
What preventive care involves
It's not as hard as you may think. Here's what you should know:
1. Brush your teeth gently and thoroughly two times a day with a quality toothpaste. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends staying at the sink for two minutes or longer.
2. Remove plaque from those hard-to-reach places with the flossing product you prefer.
3. See your family dentist in his Mooresville, NC, office for a refreshing cleaning and comprehensive exam. Dr. Langdon will check for tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer, poor dental bite, failing fillings and crowns and more. If you have a concern or question, he'll be happy to address it as patient education is key to preventive care.
4. Avoid sugary snacks, smoking, and too much alcohol. All compromise your oral health.
5. Eat a diet high in fiber, calcium and protein. Drink water as part of your daily routine.
6. Take advantage of in-office fluoride treatments and/or plastic sealants to protect cavity-prone teeth and reduce dental sensitivity.
7. Wear a mouth guard if you play sports or grind your teeth (bruxism).
Protect one of your most precious assets
That's what preventive dental care is all about--your beautiful smile. For more information about our family dentistry services or to book your routine appointment, call the Mooresville office of Dr. R. Scott Langdon at (704) 664-1188.
Dental implants offer an excellent option if you've experienced tooth loss. Whether you've lost one tooth or all of them, your Mooresville, NC, dentist, Dr. R. Scott Langdon can help you restore your smile with implants.
Dental implants look and feel natural
Tooth roots serve an important purpose. They keep your teeth firmly attached to your jawbone, making it possible to chew both soft and hard food. If you choose a tooth restoration method that doesn't replace your lost roots, you may notice a decline in your biting power. Eating harder or tough foods may be challenging or impossible.
Dental implants are small titanium posts that replace your roots. The posts are implanted in your jawbone during minor oral surgery and bond to the bone during a process called osseointegration. During osseointegration, bone grows around the implants, bonding them to your jawbone. Dental implants are topped with dental crowns, restorations that replace the top parts of teeth. Implants can also be connected to bridges or dentures.
Strong roots give you the biting power you need to eat a variety of foods and make eating a comfortable experience. Your new teeth won't slip or irritate your gums and will feel like your natural teeth.
Implants help you avoid oral health problems
Dental implants not only improve the appearance of your smile but also offer a few other important benefits, including:
- Value: Because your implants bond to your jawbone, they'll never need to be replaced as long as they remain healthy. Dental implants may be the most cost-effective restoration choice if you consider the lifetime costs of the various tooth replacement options.
- Better Oral Health: Your remaining teeth may shift after tooth loss. Adding implants prevents drifting, makes removing cavity-causing plaque easier and helps you avoid changes to your bite. Your implants keep your jawbone strong and healthy and help you avoid resorption, a condition that occurs when the bone shrinks after tooth loss.
- Easy Care: You won't need to learn any complicated oral care routines when you have dental implants. Daily brushing and flossing and regular visits to the Mooresville dental office will keep your implants healthy.
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants! Call your dentist in Mooresville, NC, Dr. R. Scott Landon, at (704) 664-1188 to schedule your appointment.
Ways of Keeping Your Teeth Pearly White
Keeping your teeth healthy is part of your overall at home healthcare routine but keeping them white is also important if you want to make a good impression and keep a healthy smile. Dr. R. Scott Langdon is a dentist in Mooresville, NC he offers professional teeth whitening services.
How to Maintain a Bright Smile
Dental patients can avoid yellowed and stained teeth in the following ways:
- Maintain a healthy oral hygiene routine: While it may seem obvious, many people do not care for their teeth as well as they should. To maintain white teeth, you should brush at least twice daily for at least two minutes. Floss at least once each day, and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Avoid food and beverage that stain: Some foods such as berries, curry, and tomato sauces can stain teeth enamel as can tea, coffee, and wine. If you want to avoid stains, it’s best to keep them to a minimum or avoid them altogether. If you do have them, make sure you brush your teeth after, but wait for at least twenty minutes.
- Avoid tobacco products: Smoking is a surefire way to stain your teeth. It will also make your breath smell unpleasant and can increase your risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
- Get professional whitening: If your teeth are already discolored or stained, in-chair teeth whitening can get you back to a good place with your smile. It safer and more effective than DIY whitening kits and the results will last longer.
- Maintain a healthy diet: You may not know this but chewing on fruits and veggies that have a high water content, such as apples and celery, can stimulate saliva production. This, in turn, helps to clear bacteria from your mouth and will help prevent staining.
Don’t let your stained teeth be an embarrassment. If you want to find out more about professional in-chair whitening, or dentist-approved home whitening kits in Moorseville, NC call Dr. Langdon at (704) 664-1188 to schedule an appointment.
Many people are struggling with their appearance and self-esteem because of their damaged smiles caused by oral health problems or teeth imperfections. With the different tools and techniques available to dentists today, improving your smile is no longer that challenging. Here’s a look at some of the cosmetic dentistry treatments we offer here at R. Scott Langdon DDS in Mooresville, NC, under the supervision of our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Scott Langdon.
As far as cosmetic dentistry services are concerned, this may just be one of the most in-demand treatments worldwide. Teeth whitening is used mostly for those who experience discoloration of the teeth because of:
- Teeth injury
- Regularly drinking colored food and beverages
- Result of certain medications
- Certain illnesses
In-office bleaching is a better solution for stubborn stains and lasts longer. Your dentist can ensure that the right level of whitening is achieved as well as give you pointers on how to preserve the whiteness longer.
Dental bonding presents a fast and comfortable way of correcting tooth imperfections by filling in gaps, altering the tooth’s color, and reshaping teeth. This procedure could likewise be used to repair damaged or decayed teeth. With natural-looking materials, dental bonding can be done to easily blend with your natural teeth and improve your overall smile discreetly.
Installed at the front side of your teeth, these customized shells usually made from porcelain material is used to improve your smile by fixing teeth that:
- Have spaces in between them
- Are chipped or worn-down
- Have permanent stains
- Are shaped poorly
- Are slightly crooked
Your cosmetic dentist in Mooresville, NC, will fabricate an impression of the tooth for the fabrication of the veneer. The veneers will eventually be cemented in place and the teeth treated with light therapy. This hardens the cement and secures the veneers in place.
Enamel Contouring and Shaping
Despite the hardness of the tooth enamel, it can become damaged when not cared for properly. This cosmetic dentistry procedure removes or contours the enamel to give your teeth a better appearance and improve your smile. Enamel contouring and shaping are normally used to correct overlapping or crooked teeth, irregular-shaped and chipped teeth, as well as minor bite problems.
Interested in Cosmetic Dentistry? Talk to Us
Give us a call at (704) 664-1188 to arrange your consultation with our cosmetic dentist Dr. Scott Langdon of R. Scott Langdon DDS in Mooresville, NC.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.