Do you want to restore your smile in just one appointment? Fortunately, this is possible with the new CEREC same-day crown technology that allows your Mooresville, NC, family dentist, Dr. Scott Langdon, to design, fabricate, and place dental restorations all on the same day.
Below are some benefits of CEREC same-day crowns:
In the past, you needed to wait for weeks until the off-site lab created your dental crowns. With CEREC technology you can get your awesome smile back in one session.
CEREC same-day crowns depend on a digital dental impression which eliminates the need for the traditional impression tray that might be messy and uncomfortable. Using CEREC technology your dentist will take a digital dental impression of your teeth and jaw and send it to the CEREC machine which will create the 3D model of your teeth. It is used by the milling machine that creates your crown. Once your dental crown is ready, your doctor will check the color and fit then bond it to your tooth.
No Temporary Dental Crown Needed:
A temporary crown may cause discomfort to many people as it rarely fits in their mouth, can become loose, and must be worn for many weeks until the permanent crown is ready. With CEREC crowns these temporary crowns are not needed.
Same-Day Crowns Are Strong:
If you think that the same-day crowns are made from low-quality materials then you are totally wrong. The CEREC same-day crowns are made from porcelain which could last for many years as long as you take care of your oral health.
Looks Realistic And Natural:
Since CEREC same-day crowns were made to be durable for so many years, you can be sure that these crowns look and feel as natural as your real teeth. CEREC same-day crowns depend on the digital dental impression which is highly precise. Once your crown gets ready, your family dentist in Mooresville, NC, will check the color and fit before bonding it to your teeth.
Don’t hesitate to call Dr. Langdon, your family dentist in Mooresville, NC, at (704) 664-1188 and book your appointment now!
There are numerous reasons why you should choose a family dentist. Everyone in your home can benefit from visiting the dentist regularly to maintain optimal oral health so why not select the same dentist for the whole family! Choosing a family dentist has multiple benefits and can save you time and effort. We offer a wide range of dental services at our office in Mooresville, NC, where our experienced family dentist, Dr. Scott Langdon, can help your entire family enjoy better oral health.
Family Dentistry Services
We provide a full range of dental services at our office in Mooresville, NC. Our skilled family dentist treats patients of all ages and can meet the oral health care needs of everyone in your home, including children and adults. Examples of some of the family dentistry services we offer are:
- Oral exams
- Teeth cleanings
- Fillings for cavities
- Root canal therapy
- Braces and orthodontics
- Crowns and bridges
- Dental Implants
- Teeth whitening
We also provide treatment for dental emergencies, such as a broken or knocked-out tooth. Seeking prompt treatment when a dental emergency occurs can help preserve the affected tooth and prevent further damage. It might also help you avoid needing more expensive dental restorations later on.
Benefits of Choosing a Family Dentist
The benefits of choosing a family dentist are countless. Family dentists treat patients of every age and provide a wide variety of services so there is no need to go elsewhere. Your entire family’s dental needs can be met in one convenient place.
Additionally, you’ll save time on travel when everyone in your home sees the same dentist. You can schedule appointments for multiple family members all on the same day, meaning you won’t need to drive to different dental offices. This can reduce time away from work or school.
Another advantage of choosing a family dentist is that children can stay with the same dentist as they get older. Kids who see a pediatric dentist will need to select a new dentist once they become adults.
There are so many reasons why you should choose a family dentist. The convenience of having one dentist saves you time, reduces travel, and offers many more benefits. Dr. Langdon can help your entire family achieve and maintain better oral health. To schedule appointments for everyone in your home with our friendly family dentist, call our office in Mooresville, NC, at (704) 664-1188.
Preventive dental care keeps your smile vibrant and long-lasting. So, your family dentist in Mooresville, NC, Dr. R. Scott Langdon, wants you to make it a priority--both at home and in his office every six months. Together, you can make your oral health the best it can be.
There's a problem in your mouth
It's called bacteria--Streptococcus bacteria to be exact. It causes dental decay and gum disease, the foremost enemies of your teeth and gums, says the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). If you wish to keep your teeth, have pink and intact gums and strong systemic health, you must take care of your oral health.
Additionally, poor dental bite and alignment reduce smile health, appearance and longevity. And sadly, oral cancer is rampant throughout the United States. Do you know its signs? Dr. Langdon and his professional staff do. They'll check for them, and they'll teach you what to look for at home.
In short, preventive dental care benefits you and your loved ones for a lifetime. It avoids tooth loss, gum disease, and a whole host of issues that can impact your overall well-being, self-confidence and personal appearance.
What preventive care involves
It's not as hard as you may think. Here's what you should know:
1. Brush your teeth gently and thoroughly two times a day with a quality toothpaste. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends staying at the sink for two minutes or longer.
2. Remove plaque from those hard-to-reach places with the flossing product you prefer.
3. See your family dentist in his Mooresville, NC, office for a refreshing cleaning and comprehensive exam. Dr. Langdon will check for tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer, poor dental bite, failing fillings and crowns and more. If you have a concern or question, he'll be happy to address it as patient education is key to preventive care.
4. Avoid sugary snacks, smoking, and too much alcohol. All compromise your oral health.
5. Eat a diet high in fiber, calcium and protein. Drink water as part of your daily routine.
6. Take advantage of in-office fluoride treatments and/or plastic sealants to protect cavity-prone teeth and reduce dental sensitivity.
7. Wear a mouth guard if you play sports or grind your teeth (bruxism).
Protect one of your most precious assets
That's what preventive dental care is all about--your beautiful smile. For more information about our family dentistry services or to book your routine appointment, call the Mooresville office of Dr. R. Scott Langdon at (704) 664-1188.
Dental implants offer an excellent option if you've experienced tooth loss. Whether you've lost one tooth or all of them, your Mooresville, NC, dentist, Dr. R. Scott Langdon can help you restore your smile with implants.
Dental implants look and feel natural
Tooth roots serve an important purpose. They keep your teeth firmly attached to your jawbone, making it possible to chew both soft and hard food. If you choose a tooth restoration method that doesn't replace your lost roots, you may notice a decline in your biting power. Eating harder or tough foods may be challenging or impossible.
Dental implants are small titanium posts that replace your roots. The posts are implanted in your jawbone during minor oral surgery and bond to the bone during a process called osseointegration. During osseointegration, bone grows around the implants, bonding them to your jawbone. Dental implants are topped with dental crowns, restorations that replace the top parts of teeth. Implants can also be connected to bridges or dentures.
Strong roots give you the biting power you need to eat a variety of foods and make eating a comfortable experience. Your new teeth won't slip or irritate your gums and will feel like your natural teeth.
Implants help you avoid oral health problems
Dental implants not only improve the appearance of your smile but also offer a few other important benefits, including:
- Value: Because your implants bond to your jawbone, they'll never need to be replaced as long as they remain healthy. Dental implants may be the most cost-effective restoration choice if you consider the lifetime costs of the various tooth replacement options.
- Better Oral Health: Your remaining teeth may shift after tooth loss. Adding implants prevents drifting, makes removing cavity-causing plaque easier and helps you avoid changes to your bite. Your implants keep your jawbone strong and healthy and help you avoid resorption, a condition that occurs when the bone shrinks after tooth loss.
- Easy Care: You won't need to learn any complicated oral care routines when you have dental implants. Daily brushing and flossing and regular visits to the Mooresville dental office will keep your implants healthy.
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants! Call your dentist in Mooresville, NC, Dr. R. Scott Landon, at (704) 664-1188 to schedule your appointment.
Ways of Keeping Your Teeth Pearly White
Keeping your teeth healthy is part of your overall at home healthcare routine but keeping them white is also important if you want to make a good impression and keep a healthy smile. Dr. R. Scott Langdon is a dentist in Mooresville, NC he offers professional teeth whitening services.
How to Maintain a Bright Smile
Dental patients can avoid yellowed and stained teeth in the following ways:
- Maintain a healthy oral hygiene routine: While it may seem obvious, many people do not care for their teeth as well as they should. To maintain white teeth, you should brush at least twice daily for at least two minutes. Floss at least once each day, and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Avoid food and beverage that stain: Some foods such as berries, curry, and tomato sauces can stain teeth enamel as can tea, coffee, and wine. If you want to avoid stains, it’s best to keep them to a minimum or avoid them altogether. If you do have them, make sure you brush your teeth after, but wait for at least twenty minutes.
- Avoid tobacco products: Smoking is a surefire way to stain your teeth. It will also make your breath smell unpleasant and can increase your risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
- Get professional whitening: If your teeth are already discolored or stained, in-chair teeth whitening can get you back to a good place with your smile. It safer and more effective than DIY whitening kits and the results will last longer.
- Maintain a healthy diet: You may not know this but chewing on fruits and veggies that have a high water content, such as apples and celery, can stimulate saliva production. This, in turn, helps to clear bacteria from your mouth and will help prevent staining.
Don’t let your stained teeth be an embarrassment. If you want to find out more about professional in-chair whitening, or dentist-approved home whitening kits in Moorseville, NC call Dr. Langdon at (704) 664-1188 to schedule an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.