Dental implants offer an excellent option if you've experienced tooth loss. Whether you've lost one tooth or all of them, your Mooresville, NC, dentist, Dr. R. Scott Langdon can help you restore your smile with implants.
Dental implants look and feel natural
Tooth roots serve an important purpose. They keep your teeth firmly attached to your jawbone, making it possible to chew both soft and hard food. If you choose a tooth restoration method that doesn't replace your lost roots, you may notice a decline in your biting power. Eating harder or tough foods may be challenging or impossible.
Dental implants are small titanium posts that replace your roots. The posts are implanted in your jawbone during minor oral surgery and bond to the bone during a process called osseointegration. During osseointegration, bone grows around the implants, bonding them to your jawbone. Dental implants are topped with dental crowns, restorations that replace the top parts of teeth. Implants can also be connected to bridges or dentures.
Strong roots give you the biting power you need to eat a variety of foods and make eating a comfortable experience. Your new teeth won't slip or irritate your gums and will feel like your natural teeth.
Implants help you avoid oral health problems
Dental implants not only improve the appearance of your smile but also offer a few other important benefits, including:
- Value: Because your implants bond to your jawbone, they'll never need to be replaced as long as they remain healthy. Dental implants may be the most cost-effective restoration choice if you consider the lifetime costs of the various tooth replacement options.
- Better Oral Health: Your remaining teeth may shift after tooth loss. Adding implants prevents drifting, makes removing cavity-causing plaque easier and helps you avoid changes to your bite. Your implants keep your jawbone strong and healthy and help you avoid resorption, a condition that occurs when the bone shrinks after tooth loss.
- Easy Care: You won't need to learn any complicated oral care routines when you have dental implants. Daily brushing and flossing and regular visits to the Mooresville dental office will keep your implants healthy.
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants! Call your dentist in Mooresville, NC, Dr. R. Scott Landon, at (704) 664-1188 to schedule your appointment.
Ways of Keeping Your Teeth Pearly White
Keeping your teeth healthy is part of your overall at home healthcare routine but keeping them white is also important if you want to make a good impression and keep a healthy smile. Dr. R. Scott Langdon is a dentist in Mooresville, NC he offers professional teeth whitening services.
How to Maintain a Bright Smile
Dental patients can avoid yellowed and stained teeth in the following ways:
- Maintain a healthy oral hygiene routine: While it may seem obvious, many people do not care for their teeth as well as they should. To maintain white teeth, you should brush at least twice daily for at least two minutes. Floss at least once each day, and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Avoid food and beverage that stain: Some foods such as berries, curry, and tomato sauces can stain teeth enamel as can tea, coffee, and wine. If you want to avoid stains, it’s best to keep them to a minimum or avoid them altogether. If you do have them, make sure you brush your teeth after, but wait for at least twenty minutes.
- Avoid tobacco products: Smoking is a surefire way to stain your teeth. It will also make your breath smell unpleasant and can increase your risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
- Get professional whitening: If your teeth are already discolored or stained, in-chair teeth whitening can get you back to a good place with your smile. It safer and more effective than DIY whitening kits and the results will last longer.
- Maintain a healthy diet: You may not know this but chewing on fruits and veggies that have a high water content, such as apples and celery, can stimulate saliva production. This, in turn, helps to clear bacteria from your mouth and will help prevent staining.
Don’t let your stained teeth be an embarrassment. If you want to find out more about professional in-chair whitening, or dentist-approved home whitening kits in Moorseville, NC call Dr. Langdon at (704) 664-1188 to schedule an appointment.
Many people are struggling with their appearance and self-esteem because of their damaged smiles caused by oral health problems or teeth imperfections. With the different tools and techniques available to dentists today, improving your smile is no longer that challenging. Here’s a look at some of the cosmetic dentistry treatments we offer here at R. Scott Langdon DDS in Mooresville, NC, under the supervision of our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Scott Langdon.
As far as cosmetic dentistry services are concerned, this may just be one of the most in-demand treatments worldwide. Teeth whitening is used mostly for those who experience discoloration of the teeth because of:
- Teeth injury
- Regularly drinking colored food and beverages
- Result of certain medications
- Certain illnesses
In-office bleaching is a better solution for stubborn stains and lasts longer. Your dentist can ensure that the right level of whitening is achieved as well as give you pointers on how to preserve the whiteness longer.
Dental bonding presents a fast and comfortable way of correcting tooth imperfections by filling in gaps, altering the tooth’s color, and reshaping teeth. This procedure could likewise be used to repair damaged or decayed teeth. With natural-looking materials, dental bonding can be done to easily blend with your natural teeth and improve your overall smile discreetly.
Installed at the front side of your teeth, these customized shells usually made from porcelain material is used to improve your smile by fixing teeth that:
- Have spaces in between them
- Are chipped or worn-down
- Have permanent stains
- Are shaped poorly
- Are slightly crooked
Your cosmetic dentist in Mooresville, NC, will fabricate an impression of the tooth for the fabrication of the veneer. The veneers will eventually be cemented in place and the teeth treated with light therapy. This hardens the cement and secures the veneers in place.
Enamel Contouring and Shaping
Despite the hardness of the tooth enamel, it can become damaged when not cared for properly. This cosmetic dentistry procedure removes or contours the enamel to give your teeth a better appearance and improve your smile. Enamel contouring and shaping are normally used to correct overlapping or crooked teeth, irregular-shaped and chipped teeth, as well as minor bite problems.
Interested in Cosmetic Dentistry? Talk to Us
Give us a call at (704) 664-1188 to arrange your consultation with our cosmetic dentist Dr. Scott Langdon of R. Scott Langdon DDS in Mooresville, NC.
Achieving healthy teeth takes a lifetime of care, going to the dentist twice a year is not enough to keep your teeth clean and healthy. This means that you need to have a good oral care routine at home that can maintain your oral health. Dr. R. Scott Langdon DDS is a family dentist in Mooresville, NC, who is here to help you learn about your oral care needs.
Oral Hygiene Basics
There are some basic principles that you can follow that help you maintain good oral health. Taking good care of your teeth by brushing regularly, at least two times a day. It is very important to brush your teeth before bed, ensuring that you are removing bacteria and plaque from your teeth not letting it rest and harden overnight. Flossing should be treated as just as important as brushing. Flossing removes plaque where brushing is not able to reach. This can prevent gum disease and cavities.
Common Oral Care Practices
While brushing and flossing are the basics of oral care, there are some other practices you can follow to ensure good oral health.
- Brush your tongue regularly
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Use a soft bristle ADA approved toothbrush
- Use antiseptic mouthwash
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet
These are just some of the common ways that you can keep good care of your teeth. To find out more about your specific oral care needs, contact your family dentist in Mooresville.
Learn More About Dental Hygiene From The Experts
While some oral care routines may be clear and easy to follow, with the help of a trained and qualified family dentist like Dr. R. Scott Langdon, you can learn about your specific needs and come up with a routine that can fit your needs and lifestyle the best. To set up an appointment at our office in Mooresville, call at (704) 664-1188 today.
When it comes to getting dental treatment our goal is to treat the problem as efficiently as possible. This is why our Mooresville, NC, family dentist Dr. Scott Langdon is proud to offer patients CEREC crowns.
In the past, getting dental crowns could be quite the process, but not anymore. CEREC crowns make it so much easier to get the restorative dentistry you need as quickly as possible.
What is CEREC?
CEREC is responsible for providing same-day crowns to our patients. Instead of waiting weeks to get your new, custom-made and permanent dental crown, our Mooresville, NC, general dentist can provide you with a long-term crown in just a single appointment.
What are the benefits of CEREC crowns?
Here are some of the advantages of CEREC technology,
Digital Impressions Only
Some people really loathe the putty used to make dental impressions. We totally get it! So you’ll be more than relieved to hear that CEREC doesn’t use these putty-type impressions. Instead, images are captured digitally. These measurements are more accurate than traditional impressions and it only takes a couple of minutes to complete.
Say Goodbye to Waiting
No one likes to wait, especially when they are waiting for a new dental restoration. By providing patients with CEREC crowns, our dental team can streamline the process and ensure that everything is done in-house during your one and only appointment. You will come into the office and leave with your brand new crown.
No Need for Temporary Crowns
With traditional crowns you had to wait weeks for your new restoration, which also meant wearing a temporary crown for a couple of weeks. Most people aren’t thrilled by temporary crowns because they are not nearly as durable and you may need to avoid certain foods. It’s really just a way to protect the tooth until your new crown is made. With CEREC crowns we can place your crown in a single visit, which means that you don't have to worry about temporary crowns.
If you are looking for a family dentist that can provide you with fast restorative dental care including CEREC crowns, then turn to Dr. Langdon and his team at Mooresville, NC. Call their office today at (704) 664-1188 to find out if same-day crowns are right for you.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.