There are several cosmetic dentistry procedures that can give you the smile you have always wanted. There are procedures for reshaping teeth, fixing chips/cracks, brightening your smile, and much more. A cosmetic dentist can help you select the right cosmetic dentistry procedures for you. Dr. R. Scott Langdon is your cosmetic dentist in Mooresville, NC.
Cosmetic contouring is a procedure for reshaping teeth that are oddly shaped. The teeth are contoured and reshaped by removing small portions of enamel. The dentist continues removing enamel a little at a time until the misshapen tooth has been corrected. During a consultation, your Mooresville cosmetic dentist can determine whether cosmetic contouring would be the right procedure for improving the appearance of a problem tooth.
Cosmetic fillings are an aesthetically pleasing alternative to metal fillings. Just like any other type of filling, cosmetic fillings help strengthen and restore areas of teeth that have been affected by decay. Cosmetic fillings are made from a composite resin material that can be closely matched to the natural tooth color. Since cosmetic fillings match the color of teeth, the fillings blend right in and are not easily noticed by others.
Veneers can give teeth with certain types of cosmetic imperfections a whole new look. A veneer is a thin cover, usually made from porcelain or plastic, that is placed on the front surface of a problem tooth to conceal any marred areas. Veneers help transform the look of teeth that are stained, discolored, chipped, cracked, oddly shaped, or have uneven surfaces. Veneers can also be used to conceal gaps between teeth. The size, shape, and color of veneers are customized to each patient for the best fit and most natural look possible.
Teeth whitening treatments can whiten your teeth by several shades in a single one-hour in-office treatment session. Professional in-office whitening treatments deliver the fastest and longest lasting whitening results of any type of teeth whitening treatment. Further, in-office teeth whitening treatments are the safest way to achieve significantly whiter and brighter teeth, for special precautions are taken to protect the gums.
Interested? Give Us a Call!
Several cosmetic dentistry procedures exist for transforming your smile. Dr. Langdon can help you decide which kind of cosmetic dentistry procedure is right for you. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Langdon, your cosmetic dentist in Mooresville, call the office at (704) 664-1188.
Everyone needs a dentist they can rely on, which is why it's important to have someone like Dr. Scott Langdon who can provide care for the entire family. Read below to learn of some of the services provided by your Mooresville, NC, dentist:
Different Dental Procedures:
- Dental Bonding: Generally performed to improve the appearance of a discolored or damaged tooth, this operation consists of your dentist applying an etching solution on the tooth surface before administering composite resin that matches your other teeth. The composite is then molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that reinforces weak teeth or covers up defects such as cracks, dents, and chips. Crowns are especially important for severely decayed teeth that have had portions removed of them.
- Emergency Dental Service: If you have a dental emergency, just like any medical emergency, you need to call your doctor. When faced with dental trauma, such as a knocked out tooth, avoid complications and permanent damage by calling your dentist right away.
- Root Canal: When a cavity is deep enough to infiltrate the enamel, it reaches the nerve-rich layer of pulp, causing pain. Your Mooresville family dentist will need to remove the pulp before cleaning and disinfecting the canal from any remaining bacteria. The canal is then sealed so as to prevent bacteria from entering.
Here are a few tips to staying healthy:
- Visit your dentist for bi-annual dental appointments
- Brush and floss before bed to maintain optimal oral and dental health
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris
- Use fluoride-containing products, such as toothpaste and mouthwash
- Eat fruits and vegetables that help avoid cavities
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food
For more information on what your family dentist can provide for you, contact Dr. Scott Langdon in Mooresville, NC, by calling 704-664-1188.
Do you need a tooth extraction?
Are your teeth crowded, diseased, or have gone through some sort of trauma? If so, Dr. Scott Langdon in Mooresville, NC, can help. Dr. Langdon performs dental extractions and can help you if you're in need of one.
More About Tooth Extractions
There are a few reasons you may need a tooth extraction:
- Overcrowding: All, most of, or some of your teeth are overcrowded causing issues in speech, or bite.
- Damage: Any trauma from sports, or accidents, may cause severe trauma resulting in a tooth extraction.
- Infection: Extreme tooth decay eroding teeth may infect your gums and other teeth if not dealt with.
To reduce the chances of needing a tooth extraction from diseases, here are some preventative measures to follow:
- Floss before bed and make sure you floss between each tooth and in hard to reach places like molars.
- Stop bad or poor habits like smoking, chewing tobacco, and drinking excessive amounts of coffee and tea.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, for two minutes each, holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to improve your chances of having healthy teeth.
You need to take care of yourself after a tooth extraction.
Here are some tips:
- Don't use a straw and ice the tooth extraction area.
- Don't eat or drink for a few hours.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water for constant disinfection, and call your Mooresville dentist if you're suffering from severe pain, it may be a dry socket (blood hasn't clotted properly).
- Use painkillers if needed and avoid smoking, or drinking alcoholic beverage after the procedure.
If you think you need a tooth extraction and want to consult your doctor to see if the tooth is beyond saving, then you should call your Mooresville, NC, dentist today!
Do you want to know more about dental sealants? Do you want to know if they're a good option for your child's dental health? Well, look no further. When it comes to your children's oral health, you can speak with your Mooresville, NC, dentist, Dr. Scott Langdon.
What are sealants?
Your teeth consist of grooves and pits where decay can grow and compromise the health of your teeth. Unfortunately, brushing and flossing doesn't always reach decay, which is why sealants were developed. Sealants were developed about 50 years ago and are used as a preventative measure for children.
A sealant is a thin coat applied to the surface of teeth, preferably the chewing surfaces. They prevent bacteria, as well as other debris, into the grooves and pits of your teeth.
How should you maintain your child's teeth?
If bacteria settles in, cavities can begin to eat away at your child's teeth. That's why it's important that you help your child maintain a consistent oral regiment of brushing and flossing, as well as visiting the dentist twice a year. Make sure your child drinks plenty of water to wash away food debris and avoid giving them too much sugary food. Supplement them with fruits and vegetables, and provide them fluoride-containing mouthwash and toothpaste.
Want to know more about the importance of sealants for your child?
Getting dental sealants is not difficult or painful.
- Your Mooresville dentist will clean and dry your child's tooth
- Then they apply an acid gel
- Your child's tooth will become rougher on the chewing surface
- Your doctor will then remove the gel, dry the tooth and apply sealant onto the grooves
- The dentist will expose the sealant to a special dental light to harden the sealant
Sealants are beneficial to children and adults, and the sooner you get them the sooner your teeth will be protected. So when you visit your dentist, make sure you ask them about sealants.
Dental crowns are longstanding and reliable restorations which bring damaged teeth back to life. If you have a tooth that's weak, misshapen, decayed or fractured, you could be a candidate for a CEREC crown from Dr. R. Scott Langdon, your Mooresville, NC, dentist. These one-visit porcelain crowns are lifelike and strong.
What is a crown?
It's a tooth-shaped cap, shaped to fill a smile gap and to fit perfectly over the healthy parts of an ailing tooth. Crowns help avoid the harmful consequences of tooth loss--marred personal appearance, bone and gum recession, impaired oral function and more. Crowns also restore dental implants, support traditional bridges and cover teeth saved by root canal therapy.
Most dentists, including Dr. Langdon, choose porcelain as their preferred crown material because of its realistic appearance and strength. Other common materials are porcelain fused to metal, or PFM.
Whatever the material, crowns support and beautify damaged teeth for years. They require meticulous brushing and flossing (as do all your teeth), and of course, Dr. Langdon sees all his patients every six months for cleanings and check-ups, as recommended by the American Dental Association.
Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. That's what CEREC means, and it's a remarkable process. With digital imaging and impression techniques, your Mooresville, NC, dentist can create a three-dimensional, virtual model of your tooth and surrounding tissues and then translate that information into an actual porcelain crown.
Where does this happen? It all happens right in Dr. Langdon's treatment room, eliminating third-party dental labs, long wait times (days to weeks) and awkward temporary crowns.
Dr. Langdon will examine your tooth and X-ray it to confirm it's healthy enough to receive a crown. He'll numb the area around the tooth and remove the damaged portions, including old fillings. Then, he'll do a final shaping.
As you wait in the dental chair, you can watch your crown take shape as the CEREC apparatus mills it from a solid block of tooth-colored porcelain. The process takes about 20 minutes, and when complete, the crown is bonded permanently over your tooth. Because CEREC processes are so precise, the crown should fit and bite perfectly right away with little to no adjustment needed.
Keep your tooth
Restore it with a beautiful porcelain crown from Dr. R. Scott Langdon in Mooresville, NC. He'll explain the process and discuss with you the many benefits of Cerec crowns. Call the office today for a one-on-one consultation: (704) 664-1188.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.