Ways of Keeping Your Teeth Pearly White
Keeping your teeth healthy is part of your overall at home healthcare routine but keeping them white is also important if you want to make a good impression and keep a healthy smile. Dr. R. Scott Langdon is a dentist in Mooresville, NC he offers professional teeth whitening services.
How to Maintain a Bright Smile
Dental patients can avoid yellowed and stained teeth in the following ways:
- Maintain a healthy oral hygiene routine: While it may seem obvious, many people do not care for their teeth as well as they should. To maintain white teeth, you should brush at least twice daily for at least two minutes. Floss at least once each day, and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Avoid food and beverage that stain: Some foods such as berries, curry, and tomato sauces can stain teeth enamel as can tea, coffee, and wine. If you want to avoid stains, it’s best to keep them to a minimum or avoid them altogether. If you do have them, make sure you brush your teeth after, but wait for at least twenty minutes.
- Avoid tobacco products: Smoking is a surefire way to stain your teeth. It will also make your breath smell unpleasant and can increase your risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
- Get professional whitening: If your teeth are already discolored or stained, in-chair teeth whitening can get you back to a good place with your smile. It safer and more effective than DIY whitening kits and the results will last longer.
- Maintain a healthy diet: You may not know this but chewing on fruits and veggies that have a high water content, such as apples and celery, can stimulate saliva production. This, in turn, helps to clear bacteria from your mouth and will help prevent staining.
Don’t let your stained teeth be an embarrassment. If you want to find out more about professional in-chair whitening, or dentist-approved home whitening kits in Moorseville, NC call Dr. Langdon at (704) 664-1188 to schedule an appointment.