Posts for tag: Family Dentist
There are numerous reasons why you should choose a family dentist. Everyone in your home can benefit from visiting the dentist regularly to maintain optimal oral health so why not select the same dentist for the whole family! Choosing a family dentist has multiple benefits and can save you time and effort. We offer a wide range of dental services at our office in Mooresville, NC, where our experienced family dentist, Dr. Scott Langdon, can help your entire family enjoy better oral health.
Family Dentistry Services
We provide a full range of dental services at our office in Mooresville, NC. Our skilled family dentist treats patients of all ages and can meet the oral health care needs of everyone in your home, including children and adults. Examples of some of the family dentistry services we offer are:
- Oral exams
- Teeth cleanings
- Fillings for cavities
- Root canal therapy
- Braces and orthodontics
- Crowns and bridges
- Dental Implants
- Teeth whitening
We also provide treatment for dental emergencies, such as a broken or knocked-out tooth. Seeking prompt treatment when a dental emergency occurs can help preserve the affected tooth and prevent further damage. It might also help you avoid needing more expensive dental restorations later on.
Benefits of Choosing a Family Dentist
The benefits of choosing a family dentist are countless. Family dentists treat patients of every age and provide a wide variety of services so there is no need to go elsewhere. Your entire family’s dental needs can be met in one convenient place.
Additionally, you’ll save time on travel when everyone in your home sees the same dentist. You can schedule appointments for multiple family members all on the same day, meaning you won’t need to drive to different dental offices. This can reduce time away from work or school.
Another advantage of choosing a family dentist is that children can stay with the same dentist as they get older. Kids who see a pediatric dentist will need to select a new dentist once they become adults.
There are so many reasons why you should choose a family dentist. The convenience of having one dentist saves you time, reduces travel, and offers many more benefits. Dr. Langdon can help your entire family achieve and maintain better oral health. To schedule appointments for everyone in your home with our friendly family dentist, call our office in Mooresville, NC, at (704) 664-1188.
Everyone needs a dentist they can rely on, which is why it's important to have someone like Dr. Scott Langdon who can provide care for the entire family. Read below to learn of some of the services provided by your Mooresville, NC, dentist:
Different Dental Procedures:
- Dental Bonding: Generally performed to improve the appearance of a discolored or damaged tooth, this operation consists of your dentist applying an etching solution on the tooth surface before administering composite resin that matches your other teeth. The composite is then molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that reinforces weak teeth or covers up defects such as cracks, dents, and chips. Crowns are especially important for severely decayed teeth that have had portions removed of them.
- Emergency Dental Service: If you have a dental emergency, just like any medical emergency, you need to call your doctor. When faced with dental trauma, such as a knocked out tooth, avoid complications and permanent damage by calling your dentist right away.
- Root Canal: When a cavity is deep enough to infiltrate the enamel, it reaches the nerve-rich layer of pulp, causing pain. Your Mooresville family dentist will need to remove the pulp before cleaning and disinfecting the canal from any remaining bacteria. The canal is then sealed so as to prevent bacteria from entering.
Here are a few tips to staying healthy:
- Visit your dentist for bi-annual dental appointments
- Brush and floss before bed to maintain optimal oral and dental health
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris
- Use fluoride-containing products, such as toothpaste and mouthwash
- Eat fruits and vegetables that help avoid cavities
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food
For more information on what your family dentist can provide for you, contact Dr. Scott Langdon in Mooresville, NC, by calling 704-664-1188.