Posts for tag: family dentistry
Do you want to know more about dental sealants? Do you want to know if they're a good option for your child's dental health? Well, look no further. When it comes to your children's oral health, you can speak with your Mooresville, NC, dentist, Dr. Scott Langdon.
What are sealants?
Your teeth consist of grooves and pits where decay can grow and compromise the health of your teeth. Unfortunately, brushing and flossing doesn't always reach decay, which is why sealants were developed. Sealants were developed about 50 years ago and are used as a preventative measure for children.
A sealant is a thin coat applied to the surface of teeth, preferably the chewing surfaces. They prevent bacteria, as well as other debris, into the grooves and pits of your teeth.
How should you maintain your child's teeth?
If bacteria settles in, cavities can begin to eat away at your child's teeth. That's why it's important that you help your child maintain a consistent oral regiment of brushing and flossing, as well as visiting the dentist twice a year. Make sure your child drinks plenty of water to wash away food debris and avoid giving them too much sugary food. Supplement them with fruits and vegetables, and provide them fluoride-containing mouthwash and toothpaste.
Want to know more about the importance of sealants for your child?
Getting dental sealants is not difficult or painful.
- Your Mooresville dentist will clean and dry your child's tooth
- Then they apply an acid gel
- Your child's tooth will become rougher on the chewing surface
- Your doctor will then remove the gel, dry the tooth and apply sealant onto the grooves
- The dentist will expose the sealant to a special dental light to harden the sealant
Sealants are beneficial to children and adults, and the sooner you get them the sooner your teeth will be protected. So when you visit your dentist, make sure you ask them about sealants.
How your family dentist in Mooresville can help you and your family
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could simplify your life? Your day is so busy you can hardly pack everything in. There is one part of your life that you can simplify, saving you time and stress. Having one dentist for your whole family is an important step in the right direction. Dr. R. Scott Langdon in Mooresville, NC wants to share the advantages of how having the same dentist for your whole family can help you.
Having one dentist for your whole family is truly one-stop shopping! You will eliminate the guesswork of finding a new dentist each time your family member has a dental issue. You and your will have easy access to dental services right when you need them. You and your family will also know where to go and be comfortable when you arrive. You and your family will know your surroundings, and your dentist.
Choosing one dentist for your whole family will save you:
- Time, because family members may be seen on the same day, saving you multiple appointments
- Money, because you will be able to budget your family’s dental needs all together, eliminating surprises to your wallet
- Stress, because you will know who to call in a dental emergency and for after-hours care
It’s a comfort to know that no matter how your family’s dental needs may change as they get older, Dr. Langdon can accommodate your entire family from toddlers to adults to seniors. For example:
- Toddlers will need a first dental visit, and young children will need x-rays, exams, cleanings, and dental sealants.
- Older children and young adults will need preventive dental care and possibly dental restorations.
- Adults will need preventive services and possibly crowns, bridges, root canals or dental implants.
- Seniors will need preventive services and possibly crowns, bridges, implants, or dental appliances.
Dr. Langdon offers a wide range of both restorative and cosmetic dental services to keep your family’s smiles looking and feeling great. For more information about what Dr. Langdon can do for you and your family, call his office in Mooresville, NC today!